02 July, 2006

july sketchcrawl

I had planned out a sketchcrawl for a group but unfortunately others could not join me for one reason or the other. The most common being that in India we have 6 days a week work schedule and no one wanted to take a day off for the sketchcrawl. So enrico next time we have the sketchcrawl, request you to keep it on a sunday.
I started at 9.00 in a orissa temple, hauz khas village which is in south delhi. ere's a painting of the temple,This is the offering for the gods in the temple,

By the time I finished my prayers and the two paintings, it was about 11.45 and the sun had come overhead. I could barely walk on the marble floor of the temple due to the heat.
I moved to barista[a cafe] from here. The next sketch was made before I had my brunch and the perspective looks terrible as I was really hungry. The painting is better as it was done after I had the sandwich and coffee :lol:
From here I moved to a park and sketched this bench. There was a guy sleeping on the bench but he woke up before i could even start sketching him :cry: . Need to be quicker next time. And please do not miss that little squirrel near the right leg of the bench. The squirrel was fast..less than 2 minutes :)

That was the end of my day. Will try to be quicker next time and do more sketches.

There is a link below for suggestions/comments that are most welcome.

Rgds,
Rohit

p.s. As some of you will be new to the concept of sketchcrawl, thought it would be good to leave these links explaining what sketchcrawl is...

This is the explanation of how the concept of the Sketchcrawl was born and what it has developed into - by Enrico Casarosa, the bloke who dreamt it up.

http://www.sketchcrawl.com/blog/?page_id=3

These are the suggested art materials

http://www.sketchcrawl.com/blog/?page_id=4

You can see the sketches Enrico did on his very first experimental sketchcrawl here

http://enricocasarosa.com/sketchcrawl.html

If you want to join the next sketchcrawl leave your mail id and i will keep you posted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sketchcrawl is a fun thing to do! I am wainting to see the pictures you, Nitya, and Anand would have sketched today.